Here's the important stuff You need to know. No worries, I'll go over all of this with you during your first appointment & revisit it as needed.
Emails sent after business hours, on weekend / holidays, non-business days will be responded to the next business day.
- I accept payment in the form of: Cash, American Express, Visa, Discover, Master Card, and checks. Health Savings Accounts and Flex Spending Accounts also accepted. NOTE* There is a $35 return check fee.
- I have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Any appointment canceled less than 24 hours will be subject to full session charge. Allowing more than 24 hours of notice enables me to provide that open time to another client in-need.
- I require a credit card to be kept on file for convince to my clients for session payments as well as to charge for missed appointments or appointments not canceled with 24 hour notice.
- Appointments will begin promptly at your scheduled time. If you are running late, please call to let me know. We will end our session at the regularly scheduled time even if you are late. I book appointments back-to-back and therefore cannot impede on another clients appointment with me. You will be charged the full fee for that session.
I am not equipped to provide 24 hour / 7 days a week emergency service or crisis counseling. If you need this type of service, I will refer you to a therapist who offers this type of service. Doing psychotherapy by telephone or via email is not ideal, and needing to talk to me between sessions may indicate that you need extra support. If this is the case, you and I will need to explore adding sessions, developing other resources you have available, or referring you to a therapist who is more accessible to you.
In the event that you experience a mental health crisis you will need to contact the Georgia Crisis and Access Line at 1-800-715-4225 or the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 (TALK). If, at any time, you are experiencing a life-threatening crisis, call 911.
I am not available via telephone and voice mail. Any email communication will be responded to within 24 business hours. Emails sent on non-business days / weekends / holidays are responded to the first business day back in office.
3995 South Cobb Drive. Smyrna, GA. 30080
Phone: 770-434-4567 or 800-329-9775
*Access Center Staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond to calls or walk-in inquires.
2151 Peachford Road. Atlanta, GA. 30338
*Peachford Hospital is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Counselors are on call to help diagnose and treat mental illness & chemical dependency. Appointments can be made for the same day. Walk-ins are accepted.
I will not release info that identifies you to anyone without your written permission. EXCEPTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- I will release information necessary to warn or protect a person in imminent danger of being physically harmed.
- I will release to a court of law information required by court order.
- I will inform the Department of Family and Children Services about the possibility that a minor, disabled individual, or elder is being abused or neglected.
*We will go over confidentiality in our first session and revisit it as needed.
"OPEN SECRETS" couples policy
I have an open secrets policy when I work with couples. This means that any information divulged in individual sessions will be kept confidential.
We will discuss this in our first session to make sure everyone is clear on the policy and understands when, why, and how it is used.
Participants in couples therapy are required to sign a "Open Secrets" policy with me.
I am not available via telephone and voice mail. Phone calls are by scheduled appointment only. Any email communication will be responded to within 24 business hours. Emails sent on non-business days / weekends / holidays are responded to the first business day back in office.
I don't return phone calls on:
- Days off
- After hours
- While on vacation
*Please note that cell phones are not secure and privacy cannot be guaranteed.